50 Years of CS1 at SIGCSE: A Review of the Evolution of Introductory Programming Education Research. Proceedings of the 50th ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE 2019), Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, February 2019. ACM.
Second Level Computer Science: The Irish K-12 Journey Begins. Proceedings of the 18th Koli Calling International Conference on Computing Education Research (Koli Calling ’18) ACM, Koli, Finland, 2018.
Programming: predicting student success early in CS1. a re-validation and replication study. ITiCSE 2018 Proceedings of the 23rd Annual ACM Conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education, 2018
Insights on Gender Differences in CS1: A Multi-institutional, Multi-variate Study. ITiCSE '17 Proceedings of the 2017 ACM Conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education, 2017
• Does Scratch improve self-efficacy and performance when learning to program in C#? An empirical study. International Conference on Engaging Pedagogy - ICEP, Dec 2016, At Maynooth University, Maynooth, Co Kildare
• Programming: Further Factors that Influence Success. PPIG - Psychology of Programming Interest Group, St Catharine's College, University of Cambridge, UK, Volume: 27th Annual Workshop 2016
VEAP: a visualisation engine and analyzer for preSS#. Koli Calling '16 Proceedings of the 16th Koli Calling International Conference on Computing Education Research, 2016
• Programming: Factors that Influence Success Revisited and Expanded. International Conference on Engaging Pedagogy - ICEP, College of Computing Technology, Dublin, Ireland, Dec. 3 & 4, 2015
• Keith Quille & Susan Bergin (2019) CS1: how will they do? How can we help? A decade of research and practice, Computer Science Education, 29:2-3, 254-282, DOI: 10.1080/08993408.2019.1612679
• Using Machine Learning Techniques to Predict Introductory Programming Performance. International Journal of Computer Science and Software Engineering (IJCSSE), Volume 4, Issue 12, December 2015
• PreSS#. A Web-Based Educational System to Predict Programming Performance. International Journal of Computer Science and Software Engineering (IJCSSE), Volume 4, Issue 7, July 2015
• Girls 'just as good as boys' at computer science work. The Irish Independent. October 16th, 2017
• Algorithm can predict students’ drop-out rate. Sunday Business Post. November 22nd, 2015